Who: Students, Faculty, Staff
When: February 27th & 28th from 9a-5p; come and go as needed
Where: DACC Workforce Training Center; 2345 Nevada Ave, Las Cruces, NM 88001
Parking: Free in front of the building
Internal Upcoming Workshops (NEW)
All workshops will be in HJLC206; Tuesday workshops are 3-5p and Thursday workshops are 2-4p. Please register by clicking on the link of the workshop.
September 1st week:
Tuesday, 3rd: Introduction to Linux
Thursday, 5th: Introduction to Supercomputing/Discovery
September 2nd week:
Thursday, 12th: Office365
September 3rd week:
Tuesday, 17th: Introduction to SPSS part 1
Thursday, 19th: Introduction to SPSS part 2
September 4th week:
Tuesday, 24th: Introduction to R part 1
Thursday, 26th: Introduction to R part 2
External Upcoming Conferences
SC19 (Supercomputing19) — November 17-22, 2019, Denver, CO
PEARC19 (Practice & Experience in Advanced Research Computing) — July 28 – Aug 1, 2019, Chicago, IL
RMACC HPC Symposium — Summer 2019, Boulder, CO
- High-Performance Computing (HPC)
- Introduction to HPC covers motivation for HPC, hardware concepts and architectures.
- Parallel Programming Concepts introduces parallel programming concepts: process and threads, the role of the operating system, shared memory, distributed memory, and hybrid approaches.
- Future Of HPC provides a brief overview of the future of HPC and the challenges introduce for HPC users.
- Slurm and Batch Scripting
- XSEDE tutorial for getting started using XSEDE Super-computing resources.
- XSEDE New User Training. This video provides an overview of what XSEDE has to offer and how you can start your XSEDE project allocation. Also, this video provides useful information such as user guide, connect to a remote resource, data transfer, and run computational jobs. Finally, this video discusses XSEDE allocation policy.
Introduction to SuperComputing — April 6th, 3-4p in Hardman Jacobs Rm 206; Link to webcast recording and slides
Intermediate Linux — April 13th, 3-4p in Hardman Jacobs Rm 206; Handout and webcast recording. We apologize for the microphone being off at the beginning. Sound picks up at 10:35, but we have retained the silent portion so you can see the slides prior to this point.
Introduction to Discovery (Part 1) — Orientation and software — April 20th, 3-4p in Hardman Jacobs Rm 206; Slurm Cheatsheet, worksheet, Sbatch template and Sbatch job script generator; Link to webcast recording and slides. Please note that the end of the workshop experienced a loss of signal and roughly 5 minutes of the workshop are missing. We apologize for this.
Introduction to Discovery (Part2) — Getting the most out of the slurm scheduler — April 27th, 3-4p in Hardman Jacobs Rm 206; test.cmd file, test.sh file, slurm cheatsheet, and slides. Link to the webcast recording.
Parallel R — Slides and code from the webinar
Introduction to Python — from the webinar
Introduction to Matplotlib — a Python-based 2D plotting library; useful and attractive plots can be created with not-too-much effort; used this notebook
How to Use a Supercomputer — slides